Monday, December 28, 2009

Random...

To be very honest, I was in 2 minds whether or not to post this one...But well here it goes...

Saw '3 IDIOTS' today (Loved it !) and I realised something..

After about every 10 minutes in this movie we have atleast one male lead crying over some issue or the other..and the issues range from college problems to personal problems to problems related to life and death..

There is a common belief that it is the girls who are known to be cry babies..girls express any problem they face and cry it out and guys are supposed to be like closed shells who cry to themselves and rarely bring it out..(Most of the hindi movies I have seen till now kinda strengthen this notion..The hero being the rough guy and the heroine being the damsel in distress..)

I am not commenting on whether this is right or wrong..But just observed this while watching the movie..So is it that the age-old-beliefs are slowly changing?

P.S. I did not intend to come across as some kind of feminist.Just observed this little thing today and was curious to know what others think about it.But neway if I have offended anyone - PEACE !

HAPPY READING ! ;)

(n HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance)

2 comments:

  1. age old beliefs slowly changing ? ... I'd rather say that Bollywood is slowly coming closer to reality.

    ReplyDelete